Dr. Ashis Pathak
Dr Ashis Pathak (MS, MCh, MNAMS, FICS)
- Director of Neurosurgery, Fortis Hospital, Mohali, Chandigarh
- Former Professor of Neurosurgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Former Consultant Neurosurgeon, NHS UK, Sheffield
- Former Consultant Neurosurgeon, NHS UK, Kingston upon Hull
- President Cerebrovascular Society of India
- Hon Secretary Neuro-endoscopy Society of India
- Former Hon EC Member Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Former Hon EC Member Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology
Mobile: (+91) 09417579992
Dr. Chandrashekhar E Deopujari
Dr. Chandrashekhar E Deopujari, MB, MS, MCh, MSc
Professor and Head, Department of Neurosurgery, Bombay Hospital (Institute of Medical Sciences), Honorary Consultant to the B.J. Wadia Children’s’ Hospital & Visiting consultant, Hinduja Gamma Knife Centre, Mumbai, India
Academic qualifications and Training:
- MCh (Neurosurgery) (1983) from Grant Medical College, Mumbai,
- MSc (Neurosurgery) (1989) from New Castle University, New Castle upon Tyne (U.K.)
- President: Asian Australasian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (2017-2019) Chairman, WFNS Neuroendoscopy & Neuroendocrine Committee
- Past President:
- Neurological Society of India (2012-13),
Skull base Surgery Society of India (2012-13)
- Neuro Endoscopy Society (India) (2013-14)
- International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (ISPN) (2014-15)
- Indian Society for Cerebro Vascular Surgery (2017 – 2018)
- Neurological Society of India (2012-13),
Editorial Board: Childs’ Nervous System, Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences, Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurosurgery Imaging and Technology
Published Chapters in Indian Textbook of Neurosurgery, Operative Neurosurgery, Indian Clinics in Neurosurgery, Progress in Neurosciences, WFNS Essential Neurosurgery, Textbook of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Guest Editor for special issues of Neurology India and Childs Nervous System and Edited books: Neuroendoscopy, Practical Neurosurgery
Invited guest Speaker and workshop faculty at American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeon, International College of Surgeons, Asian Australasian Society of Neurosurgery, Asian Congress of Neurosurgery, Society of British, Pakistan, Romania, Siberia, Russia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Japan & Korean Neurosurgery, WFNS Rome
Convener, Post-doctoral fellowship program in Neurosurgery, Maharashtra University of health Sciences
Director, Neurosurgery training at Centre for Minimal Access Surgery Training, Mumbai
Special Skills / Interest:Pediatric. Cerebrovascular, Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive skull base neurosurgery
Dr. Manmohan Singh
Dr. Manmohan SinghDepartment of Neurosurgery & Gamma Knife Center
Core Faculty: Skull base and Vascular Fellowship program
Core Faculty: Stereotactic, Functional & Epilepsy fellowship program
Faculty I/C: Gamma Knife Center
Co-Editor: Neurology India
Field of work:
- Skull Base and Vascular surgery
- Gamma knife Radiosurgery
- Stereeotactic & Functional Neurosurgery
Dr. Navneet Singla
Dr. Navneet Singla
Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh
Major fields of interest: Cerebrovascular, Functional Neurosurgery, Epilepsy Surgery, Spine
Total Publications: 71
Chapter in books: Six
Professional Societies: Life Membership of IMA, NSI, Skull base Surgeons Society of India, NSSI, Cerebrovascular Surgery Society of India
Important recent publications:
- Kapoor A, Mohindra S, Singla N, Sodhi HB, Chatterjee D, Gupta SK. Multiple glioblastomas. a diagnostic challenge and controversies in management; report of three cases and literature review. Neurol India 2015 May-Jun;63(3):449-52.
- Singla N, Kapor A, Dhandapani SS, Chatterjee D, Vashistha RK. Haemorrhage in astroblastoma: an unusual manifestation of an extremely rare entity. Report of two cases and review of literature. - J Clin Neurosci. 2015 Nov 4.
- Singla N, Kapoor A, Sodhi HB, Bal A, Chatterjee D. Straddling across the neural foramina: Masson’s vegetate intravascular haemangioendothelioma mimicking a schwannoma. Neurol India. 2016 Mar-Apr;64(2):348-9.
- Singla N, Kapoor A. Ruptured Intracranial Dermoid: Is surgery indispensable. 11 year follow up of a rare entity. World Neurosurg. 2015 Dec 28. 5.Singla N, Gupta K, Kapoor A.
- Olfactory sheath ganglioglioma: Rare site of an uncommon tumor. J Clin Neurosci. 2016 Feb 10.
- Singla N, Kapoor A, Savardekar A, Gupta SK, Chatterjee D, Radotra BD. Malignant cerebellar peduncle lesions- rapid progression and poor outcome. Surg Neurol Int. 2016 Mar 11;7(Suppl 6):
- Kapoor A, Singla N, Salunke P, Chatterjee D, Vasishta RK. Rare association of a Myxoid variant of classical conus ependymoma with holocord syrinx. Journal of cytology and histopathology 2016; 7:1
- Singla N, Kapoor A, Chatterjee D. Undifferentiated meningeal sarcoma of childhood presenting as hard mass adhered to major intracranial vessels. Childs Nerv Syst. 2016 ;32(5):771-3.
- Singla N, Kapoor A, Radotra BD, Chatterjee D. Extraosseous ewing's sarcoma in the lumbar epidural space: an uncommon malignant tumour mimicking a spinal schwannoma. Spine J. 2016 Mar 8.
- Singla N, Kapoor A, Radotra BD, Chatterjee D. Tanycytic ependymoma of cervical cord presenting with spontaneous intratumoral haemorrhage. Spine J. 2016 Mar 23. pii: S1529- 9430(16)00500-3. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2016.03.042.
- Kapoor A, Singla N, Khatri C, Gupta SK. A rare coexistence of spinal subdural and subarachnoid haemorrhage as a consequence of anticoagulant administration. Spine J. 2016 Mar 30. pii: S1529-9430(16)00495-2. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2016.03.037.
- Singla N, Gupta K, Kapoor A. Olfactory sheath ganglioglioma: Rare site of an uncommon tumor. J Clin Neurosci. 2016 Feb 10. pii: S0967-5868(15)00698-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2015.11.022
- Singla N, Kapoor A, Savardekar A, Gupta SK, Chatterjee D, Radotra BD. Malignant cerebellar peduncle lesions- rapid progression and poor outcome. Surg Neurol Int. 2016 Mar 11;7(Suppl 6): S170-3. doi: 10.4103/2152-7806.178569
- Kapoor A, Singla N, Salunke P, Chatterjee D, Vasishta RK. Rare association of a Myxoid variant of classical conus ependymoma with holocord syrinx. Journal of cytology and histopathology 2016;7:1 doi.org/10.4172/2157-7099.1000390
Dr. A.K. Purohit
Dr. Anirudh K. Purohit (M.S., M.Ch.)
Former Professor & Head, Neurosurgery,
Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences,
Hyderabad, India (1988-2017).
- Indian Academy of Cerebral Palsy (www.iacp.co.in)
- Indian Family of Cerebral Palsy (ifcporg.com)
- Family for Health Awareness
Aster Prime Hospital, Ameerpet, Hyderabad
SVS Institute of Neurosciences, Kachiguda, Hyderabad
Jupiter Hospital, Thane, Mumbai.
Dr. Roopesh Kumar
Dr. Roopesh Kumar
Graduated from NIMHANS in 2004- worked at Sri Ramachandra Medical University as assistant Professor for 1 year. Then Joined JIPMER as assistant professor- Started the department of Neurosurgery at JIPMER and established it into a full-fledged unit in a span of 10 years. During the tenure at Jipmer, started dedicated neuro OT, Neuro ICU, Neurotrauma ICU and MCh residency Course and cadaver lab. Has special interest in cerebrovascular surgery, Skull base surgery and CV junction surgery.
Has more than 38 publications in various peer reviewed national, international journals and textbooks. Had been invited faculty and presented various papers in conferences. Has organized various CMEs, live surgery and hands on cadaver workshops including 16th Annual conference of skull base society of India and 18th Annual conference of the cerebrovascular society of India. Has served as executive member and treasurer of Skull base society of India for 3+3 years, Secretary and vice president of Jipmer scientific society for 2 years and presently, the treasurer of Skull base society of India and executive committee member of cerebrovascular society of India.
Recipient of numerous awards including Arignar Anna award, MSP Solai Nadar, TDR gold medal, Prof Bischt award, Jaycee award, Achanti Lakshmipathy Oration award, Best doctor award in UT of Pondicherry and best Neuro trauma institutional award- to name a few. Had served as Professor and senior consultant Neurosurgeon at SRM institute for Medical Sciences, Chennai from 2015 till May 2019 Will take over as Lead, Neuro Oncology and Skull base surgery at Apollo Proton cancer center from June 2019
Dr. Sarvpreet Singh Grewal
Dr. Sarvpreet Singh GrewalProfessor & Head, Department of Neurosurgery,
Christian Medical College & Hospital.
Neurosurgical Experience :
- Sep 1999 – July 2002 Registrar in Neurosurgery Kasturba Medical College & Hospital, Karnataka, India.
- July 2002 – Jan 2003 Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery, Kasturba Medical College & Hospital, Karnataka, India.
- Jan 2003 – Dec 2004 Lecturer in Neurosurgery, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India.
- Dec.’ 04 – Dec.’ 08 Reader in Neurosurgery, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India
- From Dec.14,2008 Professor Neurosurgery, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India
- From Dec.15, 2009 Professor and Head Dep’t. Neurosurgery, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India
Chapter in Book: An approach to a case of Head and Neck Injury. Sarvpreet Singh Grewal, Punit Gupta. Recent Advances in Forensic Medicine &Toxicology 2015
Chapter in Book: Head Injury: Prevention and Management (Sarvpreet Singh Grewal and Shivender Sobti, Department of Neurosurgery, Christian Medical College & Hospital, Brown Road, Ludhiana, Punjab, India). Road Traffic and Safety 2017
Dr. Sarvpreet Singh Grewal have also published more than 30 articles in renowned Journals and have presented his researches in 26 national and international conferences.
Awards & Honours:
- Awarded Hargobind Khurana Medical Fellowship for Training in “Microvascular and skull base neurosurgery” at Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA under Dr. Robert F. Spetzler, 2005 – 2006
- Sports Secretary of DMC & H, Ludhiana in 1990.
- Organizing Secy. 32nd Annual Dr.L.H. Lobo Oration 2014 and CME on CV Junction and Cervical Spine Surgery
- Organizing Secy. 3rd Annual Meeting of Association of Neurosurgeons of North West Zone
Dr. Suresh Nair
Dr Suresh Nair
- Professor of Neurosurgery, AIIMS, Bhopal.
- Former Dean & Professor (Senior Grade), Head of Neurosurgery, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum 695011 India
- Secretary World Federation of Skull Base Societies (2016 to 2020)
- Member Nominating Committee of World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) (2019-2022)
- Member International Advisory Board “Neurosurgery”
- Executive Member Asian Oceanian Skull Base Surgery Committee
- Executive Member WFNS Skull Base Surgery Committee,
- Executive Member WFNS Anatomy Committee
- President Neurological Society of India (2018)
- President Skull Base Surgery Society of India (2015)
- Scientific Committee Chair 66th Annual Conference of Neurological Society of India, Nagpur (2017)